Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct and lead R&D activities, independently and in teams. It may be
theoretical, computational, and/or experimental, often requiring working in teams that can
include partners from other institutions.
- Take ownership and initiative in various roles in the department, including (but not limited to)
operation and maintenance of research facilities and capabilities, development and
implementation of testing procedures and experiments support to engineers and technologists
in all stages of R&D.
- Lead or assist in the dissemination of R&D outcomes and the department’s capabilities in various
forms including journal article publications and presenting papers at national and
international conferences; Lead or assist in the development of new research proposals and
- Regular monitoring of Gham Power PV distributed assets and act in the case of emergency
- Leads the testing, installation, and support of meter-related work of Gham Power.
- Coordinate with another department as necessary.
- Other work as advised by the supervisor/Manager.
Education, Skills, and Other Requirements
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering / Electronic Engineering
- Should have knowledge in hardware programming (Arduino, PLC, AVR), PCB designing,
etching and soldering
- Specialized in PV and renewable technology.
- Skills required: MATLAB, Proteus, Basic MS Office packages, Skills related to computer
Work is performed in an office environment, and on various Commercial and Industrial sites (for site surveys). The person usually works independently, with occasional coordination with other departments and teams.
Duration of Work
This position will have a 6 months probation period with the possibility of extension and appraisal based upon the performance.
Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Independently lead tasks and come up with your own ideas. If your ideas sound great, you are encouraged to execute them.
- Regular feedback and mentoring to support your growth.
- Friendly and fun working environment.
- We have a flat hierarchy at Gham Power. Your opinions and ideas will be heard irrespective of your age or designation.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
How to Apply
Interested students are requested to email their updated CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Application for R&D Engineer’. The cover letter should briefly explain your interest, skills, and how this position will help you in your career.
Or, you can directly apply for the position through our website on this page with your CV and cover letter.