About Gham Power
Gham Power Nepal Pvt. Ltd. is a Solar company based in Kathmandu, Nepal. Established in 2010, we have carried out over 2,000 projects with a cumulative installed capacity of over 3.5 MW. We are the first company to venture into the rural energy sector and the first to introduce pay-as-you-go services in the energy market.
Our business is primarily based on developing off-grid solar-based projects to power smallholding farmers and remote communities through productive-end-use based equipment. Our business model relies on three key products – Solar pumps, Microgrids, and Commercial and Industrial Solutions. All of these are aimed at increasing the productive end-use of users to increase income and productivity.
- Conduct and lead R&D activities, independently and in teams. These activities may be theoretical, computational and/or experimental, often requiring working in teams that can include partners from other institutions;
- Take ownership and initiative in various roles in the department, including (but not limited to) operation and maintenance of research facilities and capabilities, development and implementation of testing procedures and experiments, support to engineers and technologists in all stages of R&D;
- Lead or assist in the dissemination of R&D outcome and the departments capabilities in various forms including journal article publications and by presenting papers at national and international conferences; Lead or assist in development of new research proposals and projects.
- Regular monitoring of Gham Power PV distributed assets and act in the case of emergency
- Leads the testing, installation and support of meter related work of Gham Power.
- Coordinate with another department as per the necessary.
- Other work as advised by the supervisor/Manager.
Minimum Qualification and skills
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering / Electronic Engineering
- Should have knowledge in hardware programming (Arduino, PLC, AVR), PCB designing, etching and soldering
- Specialized in PV and renewable technology.
- Skills required: MATLAB, Proteus, Basic MS office packages, Skills related with computer and IT.
Work is performed in an office environment. The person works independently and collaborates with team members of their department, with occasional coordination with other departments and teams.
Duration of Work
This position will have a 6 months probation period with the possibility of extension and appraisal based upon the performance.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary, provident fund, paid holidays, and many other perks.
Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Independently lead tasks and come up with your own ideas. If your ideas sound great, you are encouraged to execute them.
- Regular feedback and mentoring to support your growth.
- Friendly and fun working environment.
- We have a flat hierarchy at Gham Power. Your opinions and ideas will be heard irrespective of your age or designation.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
How to Apply
Interested students are requested to email their updated CV and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Application for R&D Engineer‘. The cover letter should briefly explain your interest, skills, and how this position will help you in your career.
Or, you can directly apply for the position through our website on this page with your CV and cover letter.