Position: Project Engineer
Gham Power is a solar project company that develops, installs and commissions solar projects all over Nepal. In the last 10 years, we have installed 3,500+ projects with a cumulative installed capacity of >3.5 MW. We have executed projects in over 70 districts of the country including the Mt. Everest Base camp, lodges at the Rara National Park, health posts in Jumla and the forests of Chitwan.
For the next 2-3 years, Gham Power has set a target of installing 12 MW of solar all over the country for which we are looking to strengthen our installation team.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure that the implementation timeline for installation is properly followed.
- Verify installation materials & BoQ with the help of a design engineer.
- Assist in overseeing commercial solar systems and water pump systems. Help manage contractors, vendors, customers.
- Through Site Survey, find out the best location for the solar panel, battery & inverter placement, prepare the drawing and BoQ Estimation as per the site requirements.
- Prepare installation reports for projects and perform final testing and commissioning of projects.
- Prepare daily and weekly report on mail/google drive or similar software.
- Keep oneself abreast with latest trends in technology and perform market research as needed.
Education, Skills and Other Requirements
- Bachelor or Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering.
- While having experience is not mandatory, candidates with 2-3 years of experience in Solar PV installation or experience in construction related work will have a priority.
- Sound knowledge on AutoCAD. Candidate must be able to prepare the drawing (Solar site plan/Section) SLD, water pumping civil drawings after site survey or as required.
- Sound knowledge on water pumping project along with civil works.
- Good communication skills, including ability to speak in English.
- Proficient Knowledge in using Microsoft office.
- Driving license (at least Two wheeler).
- Willingness to travel to remote project sites.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and get tasks done with minimal supervision.
- Independently lead tasks and come up with your own ideas. If your ideas sound great, you are encouraged to execute them.
- Regular feedback and mentoring to support your growth.
- Friendly and fun working environment.
- We have a flat hierarchy at Gham Power. Your opinions and ideas will be heard irrespective of your age or designation.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application for Project Engineer’.
Or, you can directly apply for the position through our website on this page with your CV and cover letter.